Please don't test your biller setup with NATS4 Bit-Pay's test account—it won't work correctly.
To add Bit-Pay to NATS4, select "Bit-Pay" from the dropdown menu list of billers next to "Setup New Biller" in the Billers Admin. Once selected, click "Add" on the right side of the page to finish adding Bit-Pay.
Note: If you don't see Bit-Pay, put in a support ticket, as you may need an updated version of NATS.
Once you have added the Biller you will be able to edit biller-specific account information by clicking the pencil icon next to Bit-Pay labeled, "Edit Bit-Pay Account Info". You will need to create an API Token in BitPay's admin which is described in the next section
- API Token - The API token generated in BitPay's admin
Note: Bit-Pay will not return the surfer to NATS on approval or denial, so Bit-Pay will not work with the NATS cascade feature.
Setting Up at Bit-Pay
You will need to generate an API Key ID to act as your API Token. To generate your API Token, log into the BitPay admin (https://bitpay.com/) and click on "Account".
As of August 2017 BitPay has updated their admin and you will now find this under "Integration Resources" and "Legacy API Keys"
This page allows you to generate an API Key ID. This Key is what will be your API token. To generate the token, simply click the "Add New API Key" button and it will generate the code for you. This entire code needs to be placed in the biller's admin for BitPay.
Bit-Pay requires no site-specific information to be modifed in your tour configuration. Instead, join options with Bit-Pay must be configured as a special join option by clicking "Set Special Payment Options" next to the site for which you would like to set up a Bit-Pay join option in the Sites Admin.
- BITPAY Amount: The transaction amount of the join option.
- BITPAY Currency: This is the currency that will be used to calculate the transaction amount in bitcoins based on what is set for Amount.
- BITPAY Transaction Speed: (optional) - This is the speed at which the transaction will be processed. It is recommended that this be set to "high" for postbacks to occur instantly as other settings may take much longer for NATS to receive the postback from Bit-Pay.
Note: Bit-Pay does not postback information regarding the member's expire date so the following fields are required:
- BITPAY Active Number: This is the number of days, hours or minutes you would like to set to be the duration of the subscription.
- BITPAY Active Period: This is the unit of time for which you would like the Active Number to be active.
For example, a special join option with Active Number: 1 and Active Period: DAY will be a join option that expires after 1 day.