NATS4 Page Peels
The Page Peels Adtool type in NATS4 allows affiliates to display a thumbnail image in a selected corner of a page that automatically expands to its full size when a surfer mouses over it, along with a link to your site(s).
Uploading a Page Peel Image
On the next page, you will see a section labeled "New Page Peels Adtool." Use the available "Advertisement" field to upload the image file you wish to use for your new page peel.
Once you have selected an image to use for your new page peel, you can define all of the other available settings for your page peel. These settings include:
- Name - The name of your page peel ad.
- Location - Choose which corner of the page you want your page peel to appear in.
- Destination URL - Input the URL of the page you want the surfer to be redirected to when clicked.
- Enabled on - Choose a site (or all sites) that you want this page peel to be enabled for.
- Publish Date - Input what date you want this page peel to be available from.
- Default Group - Select an adtool group to categorize your page peel under.
Once you have defined all of the available fields, click "Add Adtool" to add your new Page Peel to NATS.
Your new Page Peel will now appear in the "Page Peels Adtool" table, along with the other available page peels. This table provides you with the ID number, name, location, and default adtool group of each page peel in NATS.
Displaying a Page Peel
In order to display your page peel adtool on one of your pages, you must first download the corresponding .zip file from NATS through the Affiliate Adtools page. This .zip file will contain the image file, along with header_inc, jquery, and main scripts.
Upload these scripts to your server, and copy them into the templates you wish to display your page peel on. Make sure that you include the header_inc script (ideally in the header) before the main script in your template(s), otherwise your page peel will not display properly.
On the next page, simply add a "SHOW" type rule for the affiliate(s), program(s), and site(s) you want this gallery to be enabled for. You can also choose to enable this gallery for all affiliates, programs, and sites. For more information on rules in NATS4, please see our NATS4 Rules wiki article.