The following tracking information is stored in the NATSCode:
- Affiliate Username - The username of the affiliate who referred this surfer.
- Program ID - The numeric ID of the program that the surfer's transaction will be paid out under.
- Site ID - The numeric ID of the NATS site the tracked surfer is trying to visit.
- Tour ID - The numeric ID of the tour that the tracked surfer will be redirected to (See Sites Admin for details).
- Affiliate Campaign ID - The numeric ID of the campaign associated with the affiliate.
- Adtool ID - If the surfer followed a linkcode associated with an adtool, this will represent the numeric ID of the adtool the surfer saw.
- Sub ID 1 & Sub ID 2 - Sub ID 1 is used for extra tracking needed by some special adtool types, such as gallery builder. Sub ID 2 is available for any custom use you would like to use it for.
To get the NATSCode from an encoded linkcode, start with an affiliate's linkcode. For example:
In this example, the NATSCode is the arbitrary string that follows track/ -- MS4yLjEuNS4wLjAuMC4w. However, the NATSCode also does not always follow track/. For example:
The NATSCode will not always be at the end of a URL. For example:
The NATSCode does not include /join. The NATSCode is easy to identify in most NATS URLs because it is the only word that does not resemble English. In an unencoded linkcode, the tracking information is stored as period-separated values instead of encoded as a series of numbers and letters. For more information, see our NATS4 LinkCodes article.
Decoding a NATSCode
Affiliates can use the affiliate linkcode decoder to find all of the information in a given NATSCode. In the Adtools drop down menu, select "Linkcodes". You can decode any linkcode by selecting "details" in the actions column.
You will then be able to see every piece of information stored in that code.
Admins can decode NATSCodes from the Adtools Admin by clicking the "Linkcodes" tab near the top left corner of the page. Simply enter a NATSCode or entire linkcode and NATS will display all the information about the provided code.