You can enable fraud detection for NATS through the configuration admin. Go to the configuration admin, and choose the "Fraud" section from the drop-down menu at the top to open the Fraud Configuration page. Here, you will be able to individually enable fraud detection and assign fraud points for several different criteria, such as:
- High Ratios - there are individual settings to add points for high chargeback ratios, high credit (refund) ratios, high void ratios, high insufficient funds ratios, and high conversion ratios.
- Low Ratios - there are individual settings to add points for low chargeback ratios, low credit (refund) ratios, low void ratios, low insufficient funds ratios, and low conversion ratios.
- Members Matching - you can add points for members having similar credentials, such as email address, username, first name, last name, address, city, country, zip code, and IP address.
- Affiliates Matching - you can add points for affiliates having similar credentials, such as email, first name, last name, address, password, IP address, no login log, and tax ID.
- Age Check - As of NATS version 22.214.171.124, the new function FRAUD_AGE_CHECK allows you to set NATS4 to check for fraud if affiliates are under a certain age (set by days). Once they have reached the specified age, you can set NATS4 to no longer check them for fraud.
If affiliate actions match any of the selected criteria, they will accrue the amount of fraud points you set for that action. You can see a breakdown of fraud points, as well as some basic statistics in the reporting admin's Fraud Report.
NATS provides a breakdown of affiliate fraud points, as well as certain basic statistics. To access this report, go to the reporting admin, and select "Fraud" from the drop-down menu marked "View Report." After you click the Change Report button, you will be taken to the Fraud Report page.
In addition to fraud points, this report provides a breakdown of raw unique hits, join income, conversion ratio, loss from refunds, and reversals income from affiliates. It also lists separate point values:
- Stats Points - fraud points accumulated from ratio-related settings (chargeback ratio, void ratio, etc.)
- Member Points - fraud points accumulated from member-related settings, such as email address, username, IP address, etc.
- Account Points - fraud points accumulated from affiliate-related settings, such as email address, username, IP address, etc.
- Note: Member points and account points are broken up into two sub-categories: Match and List. These reflect the differences between settings such as FRAUD_DETECTION_MEMBER_USERNAME and FRAUD_DETECTION_MEMBER_LIST_USERNAME, which matches a member's username to a site's list of usernames.
You can also narrow down your results by using the search box found at the top of the report. This allows you to break down your search by payment period, start date, end date, site, tour, join option, program, biller, and country.