Upsells: A to Z
Setting up the Upsells
Then you need to click on Outgoing Upsells:
At the bottom, you should see a dropdown of billers...
This dropdown will only contain billers that NATS will support sending upsells to, and will only contain billers that you already have configured in your Billers Admin. Select the biller that will handle the outgoing upsell from the dropdown and click "Add New Option".
You will then see a page similar to this (the exact layout will vary from biller to biller):
- The Title text box is purely for your own internal reference.
- If you activate the Enable for all Options checkbox, NATS will trigger this upsell anytime it sends a surfer to the biller handling the upsell. Otherwise, the upsell will never fire until you set up rules for your upsell.
- The information collected in the Biller Info section will vary greatly from biller-to-biller. However, almost all billers will require a field called Ref Code. This field links the referring site to the site that is going to receive the upsell. If you are doing upsells between two of your own sites, NATS will use this field to link the outgoing and incoming upsells. NATS has a tool that will generate the Ref Code for you. See this part of the article for more details.
In order for you outgoing upsell to be triggered, you have to set up rules to tell NATS when to trigger the outgoing upsell. You can see/edit these rules by clicking on the icon. You should see a page similar to this:
- The Type specifies whether the rule you are setting up is a "SHOW" rule or a "HIDE" rule. If this rule is a match based on the other fields, this will let NATS know whether or not to trigger the outgoing upsell. The IGNORE setting will disable this rule entirely but not delete it.
- The Affiliate field restricts the rule to a specific affiliate's traffic.
- The Option field lets you pick which option this rule will apply for.
- The Program field allows you to restrict the rule to a certain program.
Be sure to click Save Rule when you want to add the rule.
NOTE: You must have at least one rule set up in order for the upsell to be triggered.
When you visit your Upsells Admin, click on the white tab at the top-left that says "Incoming Upsells":
From there, you'll be able to add the details for your incoming upsell:
- The Program dropdowns will only contain valid Cross Sale Program types.
If no programs are available, please configure a new Cross Sale Program type program via the Programs Admin
- The Details section allows you to set some basic details for the upsell, such as the internal title of the upsell, the initial amount/days, and rebill amount/days.
- The Biller Info section is where you tell NATS the information that NATS will use to process the upsell (The information collected varies greatly from biller to biller).
Click on Save Changes when you are done.
Linking an Outgoing Upsell to an Incoming Upsell
If you are sending upsells between two of your NATS sites, NATS provides a tool that will generate a ref code it can use to link the outgoing and incoming upsell. The tool will use data from a specific campaign, program, and upsell to generate a ref code. You can access this tool by visiting internal.php?page=xsells on your NATS installation. Pick the site, program, and campaign from the dropdowns and click on Apply Changes.
You should then see something similar to this:
You can then take that ref code, go back to your Upsells Admin, and then click on the pencil for the outgoing upsale you wish to link to. From there, copy/paste the ref code you got from the previous page:
Give the following link to your users to give them the upsell saved:
- Siteid and Username is the preferred way of doing it.
The first link is preferred. Replace <linkdomain>, <memberid>, <nats_session>, <siteid> and <username> with your link domain and the member's member id, session id, site id and/or user name respectively.
Additional optional variable can be added for the desired effect:
- If you want the user be automatically submitted for the upsell, you can add the variables '&upsellid=<upsellid>&email=<email>&submit=1'. <upsellid> will be the id number (of the Outgoing Upsell) from the Upsells Admin and the <email> will be the email for the member.
- If you want to pre-check certain upsells that are shown, you can add '&upsellids=<upsellid_list>'. <upsellid_list> should be a comma seperated list of the Upsells ids that you want the user to see checked (e.g. upsellids=1,2,5).
- gateway_upsell will be shown to the user when they click on the link given to them.
- page_upsell_approval will be shown to the user when their upsell is approved.
- page_upsell_denial will be shown to the user when their upsell is denied.