NATS4 Hosted Videos
The Hosted Videos adtool type lets you upload flash videos of your choosing to be hosted on your servers, allowing affiliates to link to them in their promotions. After uploading your hosted video, NATS will automatically provide affiliates with a tracking link for your video, as well a direct link to the video itself.
Uploading a Hosted Video
You can upload new hosted videos through the Adtools Admin, so your affiliates can use them to promote your sites. Just go to the Adtools Admin and click the "View Adtools" action icon next to the Video Hosted type, found under the Content Types section of the page.
You'll then be taken to the "Video Hosted Adtool" page, where you can see all of your currently uploaded hosted videos, and upload new hosted videos. The "New Video Hosted Adtool" section of this page allows you to upload your desired hosted flash videos.
Use the "Video URL" field here to enter a URL pointing to the flash video that you want to upload as a hosted video to NATS. You can also add the URL for a thumbnail image for the hosted video you're uploading with the "Thumbnail URL" field.
Once you add a URL pointing to your hosted video, as well as a corresponding thumbnail image, you can go ahead and define the other settings for your hosted video available here. The available settings here are:
- Name - Enter a video name for your affiliates to see.
- Video URL - Enter the URL for the flash video you are uploading here.
- Type - Choose whether this video is a Trailer, 30 Second Video, 2 Minute Video, or 5 Minute Video.
- Thumbnail URL (Optional) - Enter a URL for your video's thumbnail preview image here.
- NOTE: If you do not supply a Thumbnail URL, Flowplayer will load the entire movie on the affiliates adtools page. This may slow down the page if there are adtools with large videos.
- Description (Optional) - Input a description of your video for your affiliates to see.
- Tags (Optional) - Tag your uploaded content with a category of your choosing.
- Enabled on - Choose a site (or all sites) that you want this video to be available for.
- Publish Date - Input what date you want this video to be available from.
- Default Group - Select an adtool group to categorize this video under.
Click "Add Adtool" once you finish defining all of the required fields to add your new Hosted Video to NATS.
Your new Hosted Video will now appear in the "Video Hosted Adtool" table, along with the other available hosted videos. You'll find the adtool ID number of each video here, as well as each video's URL, type, and default group.
Displaying a Hosted Video
Before your affiliates can include your new Hosted Video in one of their promotions, you must first add a "SHOW" rule. To do so, click on the "Add a new rule" action icon next to your new flash video. On the next page, simply add a "SHOW" rule type for the affiliate(s), program(s), and site(s) you want this video to be enabled for. You can also choose to enable this video for all affiliates, programs, and sites. For more information on rules in NATS4, please see our NATS4 Rules wiki article.
Once you create a "SHOW" rule for your new hosted video, affiliates will be able to grab the linkcode for that video through their Ad Tools page.