Send Email API Function
The Send Email API Function is a new feature in the NATS Admin API that allows NATS to automatically send emails to members or affiliates. The function differentiates between members and affiliates based on whether the email uses a member ID number or login ID number as an argument.
This function takes into account the following arguments:
- Subject - Define the subject of the email being sent
- Type - Select whether you are sending your email to a member or affiliate.
- Template - The name of the template being used for the email.
- Member ID - The ID number if the email type is a Member email. This argument is required to be defined if the email is being sent to a member.
- Login ID - The ID number if the email type is an Affiliate email. This argument is required to be defined if the email is being sent to an affiliate
- Custom_vars - Indicates a serialized array of custom variables.
Some of these arguments are required in order to send emails through the API:
- Subject, Type, Template, and either Member ID or Login ID must be defined, or your emails will not be sent.
- Member ID is required for sending email to members, Login ID is required for sending email to affiliates