NATS4 Embedded Videos
The Embedded Videos adtool type lets you upload flash videos of your choosing to be embedded into pages by affiliates, allowing them to promote your sites. After uploading your embedded video, NATS will automatically provide affiliates with a tracking link for your video, as well the code needed to embed your videos into webpages.
Uploading an Embedded Video
You can upload new embedded videos through the Adtools Admin, so your affiliates can use them to promote your sites. Just go to the Adtools Admin and click the "View Adtools" action icon next to the Video Embed type, found under the Content Types section of the page.
You'll then be taken to the "Video Embed Adtool" page, where you can see all of your currently uploaded embedded videos, and upload new embedded videos. The "New Video Embed Adtool" section of this page allows you to upload your desired embedded flash videos.
Use the "Video URL" field here to enter a URL pointing to the flash video that you want to upload as an embedded video to NATS. You can also add the URL for a thumbnail image for the embedded video you're uploading with the "Thumbnail URL" field.
Once you add a URL pointing to your embedded video, as well as a corresponding thumbnail image, you can go ahead and define the other settings for your embedded video available here. The available settings here are:
- Name - Enter a video name for your affiliates to see.
- Video URL - Enter the URL for the flash video you are uploading here.
- Type - Choose whether this video is a Trailer, 30 Second Video, 2 Minute Video, or 5 Minute Video.
- Thumbnail URL (Optional) - Enter a URL for your video's thumbnail preview image here.
- NOTE: If you do not supply a Thumbnail URL, Flowplayer will load the entire movie on the affiliates adtools page. This may slow down the page if there are adtools with large videos.
- Description (Optional) - Input a description of your video for your affiliates to see.
- Tags (Optional) - Tag your uploaded content with a category of your choosing.
- Embed Tag (Optional) - Choose whether you want to show your video through Flowplayer, iFrame, or a video embedded into the page.
- Enabled on - Choose a site (or all sites) that you want this video to be available for.
- Publish Date - Input what date you want this video to be available from.
- Default Group - Select an adtool group to categorize this video under.
Click "Add Adtool" once you finish defining all of the required fields to add your new Embedded Video to NATS.
Your new Embedded Video will now appear in the "Video Embed Adtool" table, along with the other available embedded videos. You'll find the adtool ID number of each video here, as well as each video's URL, type, and default group.
Displaying an Embedded Video
Before your affiliates can include your new Embedded Video in one of their promotions, you must first add a "SHOW" rule. To do so, click on the "Add a new rule" action icon next to your new flash video. On the next page, simply add a "SHOW" rule type for the affiliate(s), program(s), and site(s) you want this video to be enabled for. You can also choose to enable this video for all affiliates, programs, and sites. For more information on rules in NATS4, please see our NATS4 Rules wiki article.