NATS Load Balancing Module
From TMM Wiki
Each server requires its own license.
Your host should setup load balancing. Please talk to them about the following points.
- The NATS cronjobs should only run on the MAIN server.
- All administration pages should only be viewed from the MAIN server
- All biller postbacks should be sent to the MAIN server
- Most files and folders should be synchronized (using the program, rsync) from that MAIN server to the other servers.
- The template_c directory is an exception to this. There are a few possible ways to handle this directory:
- On each of the load balanced servers, symlink this directory to the main servers template_c.
- Setup a script to rsync these files from the main server, and also to check if the files have been removed; if so, remove them.
- Setup a script to automatically clear the files from this directory on the other servers periodically.
- You should not include the backups and logs directories in the rsync.
- You should not include the includes/config.php, www/signup/error.log, includes/sql_failure.log, and includes/error.log in the rsync.