Please don't test your biller setup with PPPCard's test account—it won't work correctly.
These instructions apply to both PPPCard and Trustcash.
Setting up on PPPCard/TrustCash's Website
Before you can begin configuring PPPCard/TrustCash as a biller in NATS3, you must first register an account with them. This can be one through their website at http://www.pppcard.net or http://www.trustcash.com/.
E-mail the website you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org. Choose whether you want NATS or PPPCard/TrustCash to manage your members' usernames and passwords, and tell PPPCard/TrustCash what you choose.
If you manage your usernames and passwords using a legacy htpasswd method, you must install the htpasswd user management script from PPPCard/Trustcash. See the Notes below for more information.
When PPPcard/Trustcash approves your account, they will assign each of your sites a unique ID. Afterwards, give PPPcard/Trustcash the following URLS:
- Members URL: http://linkdomain/signup/returnurl_pppcard.php
- Postback URL: http://linkdomain/signup/process_pppcard.php
Replace linkdomain with your NATS linkdomain.
PPPcard/Trustcash also needs a NATS code for each of your sites. To get a NATS code for PPPcard/Trustcash, use the following instructions:
- Add your sites to NATS
- Fake a signup using PPPcard/Trustcash
- Log in as an admin and locate the PPPcard/Trustcash user on the Resellers Admin. Set that user's payout to 0 by clicking on the Special Payouts button and editing their payout.
- Return to the Affiliates Admin, click on Become Reseller for the PPPcard/Trustcash user. Go to the Link Codes page and create link codes. The natscode is at the end of these links.
- Click OFF next to the user's name at the upper right of the page. You have stopped overriding as that user.
Setting up PPPCard/Trustcash in NATS
When prompted, fill out your transaction and chargeback fees, along with when you wish to deduct them. Fill in the Username and Password that were provided to you by PPPCard/Trustcash under the "Account Info" section. If you were not provided with this information, contact email@example.com to receive it.
Next, go to the Sites Admin, create or edit a site, and scroll down to the "Biller Details" section. Find the "PPPCard/Trustcash" settings, and enter the Site ID for every site you configured with PPPCard/Trustcash. You can get these by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have done this, scroll down to "Special Payment Options" and enter the following:
- Biller: Select PPPCard/Trustcash from the dropdown.
- Join Form Text is required but is not used. Just enter a space or '1' in the blank to save.
- Biller Code is required but is not used. Just enter a space or '1' in the blank to save.
Adding the PPPcard/Trustcash Badge
Add the following code to the NATS join form template (or any other template). Replace [siteid] with your PPPcard/Trustcash site ID. (This is the same Site ID you entered in the Biller Details section of the site's Edit page.)
Setting up PPPCard/Trustcash htpasswd User Management Script
- Download the file, http://www.trustcash.com/api/user_scripts/trustcash.txt, and place it in your web site's content directory. For example: htdocs/trustcash/trustcash.txt
- Create a new script called trustcash.php in the same directory as your trustcash.txt and paste in the code below. Replace the two variables enclosed by brackets  in the code to match your htpasswd password file and binary locations:
<?php /** trustcash.php*/ /* CHANGE THIS PATH to point to your password file, for example "/usr/local/apache2/pw/.htpasswd" */ $htpasswd_location = "[enter .htpasswd path here]/.htpasswd"; /* CHANGE THIS PATH to point to your htpasswd binary, for example "/usr/local/apache2/bin/htpasswd" */ $htpasswd_bin_location = "[enter htpasswd path here]/htpasswd"; include("trustcash.txt"); ?>
- You can test your script on your own:
- In trustcash.txt, comment out the line: terminate("Not authorized.");
- Add a user by completing and then navigating to the following link: http://[www.YOURSITE.com/pppcard/]pppcard.php?a=adduser&username=TESTUSER&password=PASS&debug=t
- Check that there are no obvious errors displayed in your browser, and that the user was successfully added to your .htpasswd file.
- Remove a user by completing and then navigating to this link: http://[www.yoursite.com/pppcard/]pppcard.php?a=removeuser&username=TESTUSER&debug=t
- Again, check that there are no obvious errors displayed in your browser, and that the user was successfully removed from your .htpasswd file.
- Important: after you are done testing, make sure you uncomment the line that you previously commented out before testing: terminate("Not authorized."); This code protects your user management script from being accessed by anyone but PPPcard!
- If necessary, contact PPPcard technical support at email@example.com with your script URL handy to test your script.