NATS For Networks Currency Exchange Rates
Ideally, the amounts reported back to NATS For Networks should be a converted amount to your base currency. However, NATS For Networks can be used for converting amounts instead. When sending a postback to NATS For Networks for a different currency, we will use the exchange rate configured in your install at the time we receive the postback/pixel call for a transaction. With these details in mind, here are a few potential issues that can occur when using NATS For Networks for converting currencies:
- The exchange rate used by the processor for the transaction does not match up with the exchange rate configured in your install when the postback/pixel is received
- The exchange rate our source is reporting does not match the rate you want or expect
- The source api fails to return the latest rates
By default NATS For Networks updates conversion rates once a day from https://exchangeratesapi.io/. We have options to decrease this frequency to weekly if you choose. If you would like to update more frequently than this, you can turn OFF the automatic update configuration and use our Set Currency Exchange Rates API to send exchange rate updates.
Automatic Update Configurations
- Automatic Exchange Rate Updates - Turn automatic updates for currency exchange rates on or off.
- Automatic Update Currency List - You can use a comma separated list if you only want to opt-in to automatic updates for specific currencies.
- Automatic Update Exclude Currency List - You can use a comma separated list if you want to opt-out of automatic updates for specific currencies.
- Automatic Update Schedule - Daily is our default, but you can choose weekly updates on a specific day of the week as well.
- Exchange Rate Source - The source API you would like to receive automatic updates from.
- Open Exchange Rates App ID - If you choose "Open Exchange Rates" as your Exchange Rate Soruce, you can use this to set a personal "App ID" for making the API calls to their system.