NATS4 Hosted Free Sites
The Hosted Free Sites (HFS) Adtool type lets you upload a collection of images, videos, or both as part of a free site to be used by affiliates helping to promote your site. The media uploaded to and hosted by this site will then be available for free to surfers using a corresponding affiliate linkcode.
Adding a Hosted Free Site
You can upload new images or videos to be used for a Hosted Free Site through the Adtools Admin. To do so, simply go to the Adtools Admin, scroll down to the "Page Advertisements Types" category, and click the "View Adtools" action icon next to the "HFS" adtool type.
On the next page, you will see a section labeled "New HFS Adtool." Use the available "Thumbnail" field to add a thumbnail image for your hosted free site; you can upload a file from your hard drive, or input an image URL in this field.
Input the URL for your hosted free site into the "URL" field; once you have done this, you can define all the other available settings for your gallery. These settings include:
- Name - The name of your free hosted site.
- URL - The URL that the images/video for your site are located at.
- Type - Choose if you want your site to be a Free Site or a Console.
- # Pics/Clips - Input the number of photos and/or video clips that will appear in your gallery.
- Description - Input a description of your gallery for surfers to see.
- Model(s) - Input the name of the model featured on your hosted free site.
- Enabled on - Choose a site (or all sites) that you want this gallery to be enabled for.
- Publish Date - Set a date for your adtool to be shown with a Freeform Date.
- Default Group - Select an adtool group for this site to be associated with.
Once you have defined all of the available fields, click "Add Adtool" to add your new Hosted Free Site to NATS.
Your new HFS will now appear in the "HFS Adtool" table, along with the other available hosted free sites. This table provides you with the ID number, name, URL, type, and default group of each available site.
Displaying a Hosted Free Site
Before you can include your new Hosted Free Site to promote one of your sites, you must first add a "SHOW" rule. To do so, click on the "Add a new rule action icon next to your new gallery. On the next page, simply add a "SHOW" type rule for the affiliate(s), program(s), and site(s) you want this gallery to be enabled for. You can also choose to enable this gallery for all affiliates, programs, and sites. For more information on rules in NATS4, please see our NATS4 Rules wiki article.