NATS For Networks Payments Admin
The NATS For Networks payment admin provides a simple, easy way to pay your affiliates, as well as allowing you to view and search payments, configure affiliate payments, and Payvia Types (payment methods). The main Payments Admin screen displays a list of open, stored, and sent payments, while the tabs at the top allow you to configure how to pay affiliates.
Open, Stored, and Sent Payments
- The Open Payments section lists Payvia Types, as well as the total amount you owe all affiliates using each respective Payvia type. The total amount displayed includes affiliates whose commission has not reached the set minimum for payment.
- The Stored Payments section lists how much you owe affiliates who have reached the payment minimum and are ready to be paid, as well as the Payvia Type.
- The Paid Payments section lists the amount you paid out to affiliates, as well as what dates the payments were paid on.
After every pay period (normally 2 weeks), affiliates who earn enough money to meet your minimum requirement for a payment are marked as ready to be paid. (See Payvia Options below)
Before you can send a payment to an affiliate, you must store that payment in NATS For Networks to indicate that it is ready to go out. To store a payment, click the Store Payment icon next to an open payment and it will move to the Stored Payments section. Since Stored Payments only include affiliate payments that have reached the minimum amount, it is possible that the total amount of a stored payment will be lower than the total amount of the same open payments.
Note: Payments are automatically stored at the end of a pay period.
In the stored section, you can view, edit, un-store, or pay a payment:
- The View Payment icon allows you to view the payment; in this view, you can copy and paste the output into a payment processor of your choosing.
- The Edit icon allows you to view a list of affiliate payments in this payment; here you will also be able to remove or edit a specific affiliate's payment.
- The Mark as Paid icon allows you to mark a specific payment as "paid"; it will be moved to the Sent Payments section and will not be able to be changed again, but you will still be able to view it.
Searching Your Payments
NATS For Networks now offers a search feature where you can search for open, stored, and sent payments in your database. To search your payments, go to the Payments Admin and click the "Search Payments" tab at the top of the page.
You will then be taken to the "Search Payments" page. Here, you will see the basic form for searching your payments, as well as a list of payments at the bottom of the page.
In the basic search form, you can search by Affiliate, Payvia Type, Stored Date, and Paid Date. You can search for open payments by setting the Stored Date to "Never", search for stored payments by setting a Stored Date and setting the Paid Date to "Never", or search for a sent payment by setting a valid Paid Date. Clicking the "Advanced Form" link on top of the Search Payments box will bring you to the Advanced Search Form. Here, you can specify searches in three categories:
- Payment Info - Consists of Payment ID, Status, Payvia Type, Paid Reference, Payment Type, and No Store Reason (a reason for a payment not being stored).
- Affiliate Info - Consists of Affiliate ID, Status, Username, E-mail, Payvia Info, and Full Name.
- Dates - Consists of Stored On, Stored Date Greater Than, Stored Date Less Than, Paid On, Paid Date Greater Than, and Paid Date Less Than.
You can use any of the above, or a combination of multiple search parameters to further narrow down your payment search.
The "Payments" box at the bottom of the page lists any payments that fit your specified search parameters. The drop-down menu at the bottom of the box allows you to perform batch actions on selected payments. With this drop-down menu, you can Store Checked Payments, Set Checked Payments as Paid, or Un-Store Checked Payments. After you set an action, you can also set the date you want it to be carried out. This is useful as you can have NATS For Networks automatically store certain payments at certain dates, for example.
There are also multiple sort options that can be used in the Payments box. To sort by a certain parameter, you can click any of the underlined column titles at the top of the box. These parameters include Payment ID, Payvia Type, Affiliate, Stats Date Range, Payment Type, Stored Date, Paid Date, Amount, and Reference.
Importing Payments into Intuit Quickbooks
It is possible to import your payments through Intuit Quickbooks through NATS For Networks. First, click on the View Payment icon. On the next page, use your web browser to view the page source-- once you have done this, save the source as a .iif file. Once you have saved your file, import the saved file into Quickbooks.
Generate Check Numbers
You can generate a series of check numbers in your payment using the Payment Dump Entry Numbers article.
The Payvia Options, Dump Formats, and Auto Payments tabs let you configure how to pay affiliates.
Click the Payvia Types tab to change the payment types available to affiliates-- each item in this list describes a payment method. By default, affiliates can choose to use any enabled method, but you can change which methods are available to which affiliates by clicking the Payvia Rules icon. The Edit Icon lets you change the options displayed in the list and the Edit Payvia Setup icon lets you configure the form that collects affiliate account information. Instructions for editing the Payvia Options can be found in the Payvia Types wiki article.
Click the Dump Formats tab to change the payment output format you download and submit to the payment processor. Choose an output format and click the Edit icon. Instructions for editing the output format are in the Payvia Dump Formats article.
Hidden Payvia Options
To create hidden affiliate payment options, go to Payments Admin, click the Payvia Types tab, and click the Payvia Rules icon. Enter a rule that determines which affiliates see this Payvia, and click Add. For example: to hide a Payvia from all affiliates, select the following options:
- Type: IGNORE
- Affiliate: ALL
- Country: ALL
- Start Date/Time: NOW
- End Date/Time: FOREVER
You can manually add an affiliate to a hidden Payvia by going to Affiliates Admin, finding the affiliate, clicking the Edit Affiliate Details icon, and modifying their Payment Method.