NCR Email Verification
NCR email verification is a feature that can be enabled to require surfers to verify their email address when signing up using a No Cost Registration option. When turned on, your NCR members will not become active until they click a verification link sent by email.
Instead of getting approved right away, the surfer will be redirected to a customizable page (template: page_verifyncr_required) that informs them that they need to check their email to verify their free registration:
The link in the email uses a member specific activation code with a configurable lifespan. (config: NCR_ACTIVATION_CODE_EXPIRE )
Once the activation code expires, the link will no longer work.
This feature also offers two ways for a surfer to be sent a new verification email:
- 1) Admins can view the member record which has an icon to resend the email if the subscription is not yet active.
- 2) You can send the surfers to a page which will ask them to submit their username and email to get a new verification email. You can link surfers to this page by building a link like:
Please note, resend=1 and siteid=<siteid> are required for the form to work. Passing tourid will allow you to grab the template specific to that tour if it's been customized.
To enable email verification for your No Cost Registration options, go to the Configuration Admin and change to the "Surfer" section. Under Signup Form, there are two configurations for this feature.
- ENABLE_NCR_EMAIL_VERIFICATION - Enables the ability to require email verification for No Cost Registration join options
- NCR_ACTIVATION_CODE_EXPIRE - Used to sell non-membership goods and services
There are optional configurations to turn on email notifications for NCRs pending verification. If you switch to the "Emails" section of the Configuration Admin, you'll find:
- AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ON_MEMBER_PENDING_NCR - Allowing the e-mail sent to affiliate when member has a pending ncr.
- EMAIL_AFFILIATE_ON_MEMBER_PENDING_NCR_SUBJECT - E-mail subject sent to affiliate when member has a pending ncr.
- EMAIL_OWNER_PENDING_NCR - E-mail subject sent to owner when member has a pending ncr.
There is a configuration to enable affiliate posts for NCRs pending verification. If you switch to the "Affiliates" section:
- AFFILIATE_POST_MEMBER_PENDING_NCR - Allowing the e-mail sent to affiliate when member has a pending ncr.
You also have the ability to do your own posting for pending NCR's. If you go edit the tour details, you can place the URL to post to under the "Postback URLs" section:
- Pending NCR Post URL - Details are posted to this URL on each pending No Cost Registratino. (optional)
NCR Join Options
Once you turn on the configuration "ENABLE_NCR_EMAIL_VERIFICATION", each NCR join option will have a new flag "Email Verification Required" allowing you to customize exactly which options you want this feature turned on for.
Note: If you want to disable this globally, just turn off "ENABLE_NCR_EMAIL_VERIFICATION". You don't need to turn off the individual flags for each option
Here are the templates that can be customized with this feature.
mail_member_pending_ncr - Email sent to No Cost Registration members with an activation link to verify their email address
mail_member_pending_ncr_html - Email sent to No Cost Registration members with an activation link to verify their email address (HTML)
page_verifyncr_required - Members are sent to this template after submitting the join form to indicate they need to verify their email address
page_verifyncr_resend_email - Page where members can submit username and email to resend a NCR verification email.
mail_affiliate_on_member_pending_ncr - Email sent to affiliates when a member they referred has an NCR pending email verification
mail_affiliate_on_member_pending_ncr_html - Email sent to affiliates when a member they referred has an NCR pending email verification (HTML)
mail_owner_pending_ncr - Email sent to owner when a member has an NCR pending email verification
mail_owner_pending_ncr_html - Email sent to owner when a member has an NCR pending email verification (HTML)